Water problems we treatPosted on October 30, 2015
WATER PROBLEMS WE TREAT WITH THE DELTA WATER MAGNETIC SOFTENER
Salinity reduces the productivity of crops and the sustainability of agriculture. The CSIRO says salinity and its related problems have the potential to affect all Australians, whether they live in the country or in the city.
Every day DELTAwater solutions gets calls from people wanting a solution to their salty water. The number of calls increases over summer as water supplies dwindle across the country.
What does salt/salinity do to plants?
- Salinity hinders plant growth
- Symptoms resemble drought and heat stress symptoms – for example, wilting
- Yellow or stunted foliage
- Brown burnt leaf edges that curl up
How does salt damage occur?
- Salt dehydrates the soil by attracting moisture
- Sodium ions compact the soil, making it hard and lumpy making it hard for water to penetrate the soil, laying on the surface instead
- Plants absorb chloride ions, resulting in brown burnt leaf edges
- Salt ties up key plant nutrients.
Salinity also reduces soil quality and corrodes irrigation systems. It is a serious threat to Australia’s fruit, vegetable and wine industries, household gardens plus small and large-scale irrigation enterprises.
What can you do to solve your salinity problems?
The first step is to post a water sample to our water testing lab in Newcastle, and we will make a DELTA water treatment recommendation for one of our magnetic water softener products based on your results.
We developed the DELTA SL Heavy Duty magnetic water softener to treat water that was previously untreatable due to its extremely high level of salinity. The DELTA SL Heavy Duty can treat water with up to 8000uS/cm Electrical Conductivity (5000ppm salt).
After the DELTA magnetic water softener treatment for salinity, the results speak for themselves. After treatment, our customers report:
- No more leaf burn
- A boost to plant and crop yields
- Improvements to soil structure
- Stops plants from going yellow and dying